On Tuesday 4th September the Prep Neighbourhood will be hosting assembly. Your child may have a line to read out on the day. All children will be involved in singing the song The Marvellous Toy. We encourage you to help them practise their line/song at home. Here are the lyrics to The Marvellous Toy:
When I was just a wee little lad,
Full of health and joy,
My father homeward came one night
And gave to me a toy.
A wonder to behold it was
With many colors bright
And the moment I laid eyes on it,
It became my heart's delight.
It went "Zip" when it moved, and "Bop" when it stopped,
And "Whirrr" when it stood still.
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.
Full of health and joy,
My father homeward came one night
And gave to me a toy.
A wonder to behold it was
With many colors bright
And the moment I laid eyes on it,
It became my heart's delight.
It went "Zip" when it moved, and "Bop" when it stopped,
And "Whirrr" when it stood still.
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.
It went "Zip" when it moved, and "Bop" when it stopped,
And "Whirrr" when it stood still.
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.
And "Whirrr" when it stood still.
I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment